WHAT IS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS AUGUST 17TH?
- Buy an ASB Card, Student Photos & 2018 Yearbook
- Pay fall sports fees
- Locker assignments (grades 9, 10, 11 will share a locker)
- A draft copy of your scheduled classes
- Complete a Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- Apply for a parking permit (juniors and seniors only)
- All students must have a picture taken for student school ID. Dress according to school district dress code.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS DAY?
- Demographic Pre-Registration Form completed (even if there are no changes)
- Your current email address
- Completed Free/Reduced Lunch Application.
- Completed Student Fees Worksheet
- Cash, checks or credit/debit cards to make purchases or pay past due fees.
- Student Parking Permit Application
- Completed Dorian Photo packet. Make a separate check payable to Dorian.
All students will be using a new online schedule change request process for the 2017-18 school year. The schedule change request link will be available beginning on Thursday, August 17th. Students will need to Log-In to their StudentVue account and view their schedule. If a student needs to request a schedule change, the following steps must be taken:
- Go to the North Salem High School Website http://north.salkeiz.k12.or.us/
- Click on the Schedule Change Request link on the homepage
- Completely fill out the electronic request form
- Requests are answered in the order they are received. Not all requests will be honored. Students will receive an email with the outcome of their request once it has been processed. Schedules will not be changed to accommodate teacher or class period requests. If you are requesting an aide or release period, you will be asked to complete an additional form that will be available in the Counseling Office.
*Last day to request a schedule change is Wednesday, August 30th at 5pm.
“Planning for Graduation and College & Career Readiness” Series
Monday’s from 6:00 to 7:30 P.M. In the school library
North Salem High School is committed to educating parents about how to prepare their student academically for graduation, and the college and career process. These meetings will consist of several sessions of college and career information that will assist your students through their academic path. North will provide refreshments and childcare for children 3 through 10 years old.
The dates and topics for the workshop are:
August 28th Parent/Senior FAFSA Update Meeting
September 11th North Salem School-Wide Goals/Title I Parent Meeting
October 2nd FAFSA Night Application/ PSAT & ASVAB, and PEP/CIS
November 6th: College Application Night/What is SAT/ACT & How to register.
December 4th: Financial Aid/Chemeketa Scholars/Oregon Promise
January 8th: Essay Writing, OSAC, FAFSA Workshop
February 5th: Career Technical Education Programs (CTE Programs)
March 5th: Helping my student select courses for 2018-2019, AP, Understanding grades and transcripts.
April 2rd: How to read my award letter, Parent Plus Loan & How to appeal your Financial Aid award.
May 7st: Senior Parent Night, Senior Party & FSA ID, NCAA Clearinghouse
For additional information please contact: Jacqueline Benavides (503)399-3241 Ext. 503250
Check out the interview with North Salem’s own Taylor Gibson as she talks about her hard work and success bringing home much deserved awards. Nice work Taylor!
Congratulations to the 2017 NSHS grads. The North Salem High School 110th Commencement is Friday, June 9th, 2017 @ 7:00 pm North Salem High School Football Field. Students and families attending please see the Instructions and directions for parking attached.
Hey Vikings are any of your younger brothers or sisters interested in football? have them come learn the fundamentals of football from the North Salem Viking football staff. During the four-day non-contact camp. Campers will receive instruction in all aspects of football including throwing, catching, ball-carrying, kicking, blocking and tackling.
GRADES K – 5
North Salem High School – On the turf
May 15th – 18th 5:00 pm. – 6:30 pm.
Please bring the registration form with you or
Registration forms will be available at the camp.