Home of the Vikings
Bond construction will start very soon at North Salem High School. It’s an exciting time that also brings changes and challenges.
So that construction can begin right on schedule, we have to start getting ready now.
Very soon, you’ll see evidence of preparation for construction. Work will begin the week of January 14 to make modifications to the Olinger Pool building. Space at Olinger will be used during construction to support some physical education activities that will be displaced by work on our main building.
Soon after, you may notice construction fencing going up around the softball fields and possibly other areas of […]
Semester I finals will be held the week of January 21st. North Salem students will be on an early release schedule January 22-24. There will be no school on Monday, January 21st and Friday, January 25th. January 21st is a national holiday to honor Dr. Martin Luther King and Friday, January 25th is a grading day for teachers.
To view the finals schedule, select this link: Semester 1 Finals Schedule
Schedule change requests need to be completed through the Schedule Change Portal. The Schedule Change Portal will be open January 17 to January 21st at 3:00 p.m. To begin the process select the link in the column to the right of this post. Completely fill out the electronic request form. Requests are answered in the order they are received. All requests must be submitted by Monday, January 21st at 3:00 p.m.
Help navigating the link or electronic request form will be available in the school library on Friday, January 18th during both lunches.
Pictured: Antonio Garcia and North Salem Wrestling Coach, Andy Pickett
The Viking wrestling team spent winter break traveling and competing at tournaments in surrounding states. One stop was Reno, Nevada, where wrestlers competed with over 100 schools in one of the toughest tournaments in the nation. Junior, Antonio Garcia, found himself on the podium at the end of the tournament, bringing home an 8th place medal.
After Reno tournament, wrestlers traveled to Vancouver, WA to compete in a tournament there. Once again Antonio led the Vikings at this tournament with a 1st place finish, bringing home a gold medal in the 220 […]
Saturday January 12 & 19 from 9 – 1:00 p.m. in the school library. All students are welcome.
Saturday School is a great opportunity for students to study, work on assignments or get some help with learning challenging concepts; and a place to get their work done before semester finals.
Tuesday, January 15 ~ Basketball
- Varsity Men’s 7:00 p.m. @ Silverton High School
- JV & Freshmen Men’s 5:30 p.m. @ Silverton High School
- Varsity Ladies 7:00 p.m. vs Silverton High School
- JV II Ladies 5:30 p.m. vs Silverton High School
Wednesday, January 16 ~ Wrestling
- Varsity Meet 4:00 p.m. vs Central, Dallas, Silverton @ Dallas High School
Friday, January 18 ~ Wrestling
- Varsity Tournament vs Redmond @ Redmond Fairgrounds (time TBD)
January 18 ~ Basketball
- Varsity Men’s 7:00 p.m. vs South Albany
- JV Men’s 5:30 p.m. vs South Albany
- Freshmen Men’s 4:00 p.m. vs South Albany
- Ladies Varsity 7:00 p.m. @ South Albany
Like other schools across Oregon, North Salem High School administers the Smarter Balanced Test (SBAC) for both English Language Arts and Mathematics to 11th grade students. While no test can give a complete picture of students’ progress, our staff use statewide assessment results for a number of purposes including:
- Detemining a student’s strengths and weaknesses to help target interventions and extensions which support and challenge each student at their level.
- Ensuring our students have the knowledge and skills to compete with their peers in Oregon as college and career ready graduates.
- Evaluating our school instructional practice to best support students […]