Home of the Vikings
North Salem High is one of the first five schools beginning construction under the 2018 bond program.
In 2018, voters approved a $619.7 million bond measure to fund improvements for Salem-Keizer schools. Today, supporters of North Salem High School, including local officials, school board members, community supporters, school staff and students, gathered to celebrate the groundbreaking of the largest project in the 2018 bond program.
North Salem High is one of the first five schools planned to begin construction under the 2018 bond program. The school will receive 20 new general classrooms, one new science lab, two new career technical education […]
If you are the parent/guardian of a student wanting to attend prom or any high school dance, please read the most current district policy regarding safety and security for high school dances. High School students should also read the letter from High School Director, Larry Ramirez.
North Salem High School Prom:
We will begin selling tickets to Prom on Friday, March 15 until sold out. A waiting list will be provided should a ticket become available. Tickets can only be sold to junior or senior students that have completed the SKPS High School Dance Agreement with a parent signature. All students […]
Spring Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Wednesday, March 20 and Thursday March 21. Please see the conference and school days schedule below
Wednesday, March 20
- 7:30 – 2:20 – Regular School Day (B Day)
- 4:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Parent Teacher Conferences
Thursday, March 21
- No classes for students today
- 7:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Parent Teacher Conferences
- 12:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Parent Teacher Conferences
- 4:45 – 7:15 p.m. – Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, March 22 – Friday, March 29 ~ Spring Break
School resumes Monday, April 1 (Regular AB Day)
Salvador Garcia Perez
The Downtown Rotary Club of Salem has a tradition of honoring outstanding high school students from North Salem High School and South Salem High School through their program. Students are selected from each school according to a theme for the month. At North Salem the principal and teaching staff select students of good character, high academic achievement, and success in the theme area of the month. North Salem would like to thank the Downtown Rotary for their investment in our students!
The following students […]
Like other schools across Oregon, North Salem High School administers the Smarter Balanced Test (SBAC) for both English Language Arts and Mathematics to 11th grade students. While no test can give a complete picture of students’ progress, our staff use statewide assessment results for a number of purposes including:
- Detemining a student’s strengths and weaknesses to help target interventions and extensions which support and challenge each student at their level.
- Ensuring our students have the knowledge and skills to compete with their peers in Oregon as college and career ready graduates.
- Evaluating our school instructional practice to best support students […]