- Excusing Absences: Parent or guardian please call the 24 hour number at (503) 399-3298 to report an all day absence.
- Check-In and Check-Out students: Please call the Attendance Office at (503) 399-3069 at least 1 hour before picking up your student.
Attendance and Academic Success:
There is a direct correlation between student success in classes and consistent attendance. Conversely, the strongest predictor of student failure is poor attendance. It is not simply the loss of instructional time, but more importantly, the break in continuity of learning that impedes students’ ability to progress when they return.
- Parent or guardian calls the 24 hour absence reporting line (503) 399-3298.
- Student brings a note to the Attendance Office upon return to school.
- All absences must be excused by the parent or guardian within 72 hours or (3 school days).
- Excused absences – students will be allowed to make up their work in a reasonable time for full credit.
- Unexcused absences – Teachers may reduce the grade or award no grade for assigned work.
- Please review the syllabus provided by each teacher for grading details.
Activity absences or school-related absences are treated as an extension of the school curriculum and are excused. However, it is the responsibility of the student to make up any work that is missed.
Check-In and Check-Out Procedure
- Parent or guardian must come to the school, provide advance written permission, or call to check out a student.
- Please call 503-399-3069 to check out a student.
- Call the Attendance Secretary with a minimum of 1 hour notice of when you will be checking out your student.
- It is required that the student check out with the Attendance Office whenever leaving school early.
- Students arriving late to school with an excused tardy or returning from a medical or dental appointment must check in with the Attendance Secretary in the Business Office.
- Students returning from an appointment must have the original checkout form or a note from a parent or doctor. All others, report directly to your class (unexcused tardies or absences).