Click on the link above to vote for Ein Carlos as the Statesman Journal Athlete of the week!
Thursday, February 22nd
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
“Future Viking Night” at North Salem High School
It is time to get ready for High School! Join us on Thursday, February 22nd from 6-8:00 p.m. for Future Viking Night. The North Salem High School staff have an evening of fun events planned to provide parents, guardians, and students with information to make a successful transition to high school. Sessions will be available in English and Spanish.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the general session begins at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Please arrive in time to sign in your student before the general session begins. A tour of high-interest classes is available and students will have an opportunity to sign up for summer school, athletics, and clubs. It is going to be fun, be sure to attend!
Below is a link to the TAG survey.
The online schedule change portal will close this Friday so make sure you get your schedule changes done before 1/19/2018! Check your email to see your schedule change request results. If you have any questions or need help logging on the counselors will be in the Library both lunches and after school to help with the online changes.
School Finals are a week away! Make sure you are going to the right period!
The counselors will be in the main hall both lunches January 9th and 10th for second semester schedule changes. The online portal will also be open January 8th.
NSHS parents please join us for parent teacher conferences on November 20th and 21st. Please allot for time to meet with teachers during the designated times. We look forward to seeing you there!
Monday, November 20
4:45 pm – 7:15 pm
Tuesday, November 21
7:30 am – 11:00 am
1:15 pm – 3:15 pm
4:45 pm – 7:15 pm
Come see NSHS Theater’s The 39 Steps. This show is highly entertaining, but it is also far more than fun. Based on first the novel, then the movie by Alfred Hitchcock this mystery-turned comedic stage play takes place in the UK in 1935.
November 9th, 10th, 11 17th and 18th at 7 p.m.
Matinee November 18th at 2 p.m.
$7 for adults
$5 for students
Good morning Vikings! Here are your daily student announcements for Friday, November 3
- Students get your ticket for the Spirit bus to Portland and cheer on our Boy’s Soccer team as they compete in round three of the OSAA State Championship Quarterfinals of the Elite Eight! The will face The Generals of Grant High School on Saturday, November 4th at 1p.m. Spirit bus riders must have a parent/guardian signed permission form and pay the $10 fee to the bookkeeper today by 3:00 p.m. to ride. The bus leaves Saturday from the small parking lot on 14th street at 11:30 a.m. Be there early. Pick up your forms at the bookkeepers window today.
- Last week the cross country team competed in the GVC championship meet. Our girls’ JV team took home the first ever JV team conference title and won by more than 35 points. The JV team was led by Dana Romero, Brianna Marquez, and Aaliyah Fitzke. Our boys Varsity team finished 5th as a team in the conference meet, their 6th season in a row finishing in the top five in the conference! The girls varsity team finished in 4th place as a team at the conference meet. Our girls team completes the season ranked 22nd in Oregon. Sophomore Abi Swain and Senior Madison Willhoft individually qualified for the state cross country championships this Saturday at Lane Community College! Abi was 6th and Maddy was 10th in the GVC meet. This is the first time since 1997 that North Salem has two girls representing our program at the state championships in cross country. We wish you good luck ladies! You make us all proud!
- The first day of Boys Basketball Tryouts is coming up on November 13th at 5:30pm. We will meet in the main gym and tryouts will be 2 hours long. To be eligible for tryouts, you must have filled out the sports packet that is located in the main office, have an up to date physical, and have paid the participation fee. For questions, you can contact Emily Perlich in the main office, Coach Mercado in Room 246 or Coach McLeod in 207. Basketball is back! See you then!
- Tough kids, listen up! Wrestling season is just around the corner! There is a pre-season, informational meeting immediately after school on Friday, November 3rd in coach Pickett’s room 133. If you want to wrestle, you must attend the meeting or see coach Pickett prior to the meeting if you are unable to attend. We are looking forward to another great year. Come get some!!
- Need a little organization in your life? Purchase a North Salem planner! It’s only $3! See our bookkeeper!
- Have a safe and restful weekend Vikings and don’t eat too much Halloween candy!