Good morning Vikings! Here are your daily student announcements for Tuesday, September 26.
- Congratulations to the Varsity football team for a thrilling 22-21 Homecoming victory against West Albany on Friday night. Rigo Padilla scored his 3rd touchdown of the game with no time remaining and Zac Sullivan hit Alec Shields for the go ahead 2-point conversation for the win. A key reception by Cris Davis with 3 seconds left set up the winning touchdown. Way to go Viks!
- On Saturday the North Salem Girl’s Cross Country team finished an outstanding 3rd place at the Nike Seaside 3-Course Challenge and brought home the first trophy of the season! They finished 3rd in the large school division and competed against 75 teams and more than 2800 individuals from Oregon, Washington, California, and Canada. Abi Swain finished in first place as the blue course champion, Madison Willhoft, Emma Haburn, Elia Sanchez, and Brianna Marquez all finished in the top 10 in their divisions. The Viking Girl’s varsity team also included top finishes by Julissa Escobedo and Dana Romero.
- Wrestling pre-season workouts will begin in October! Workouts will be after school 3-4:00 p.m. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the wrestling room will be open. On Wednesdays, wrestlers will be in the weight room. See Coach Pickett in Room 133 for a schedule. (9.25-29.17)
- Juniors who would like to participate in PSAT testing need to sign up for the test at the bookkeeper’s window by Thursday, September 28. There are a limited number of tests, so sign up as soon as possible.
- Seniors, Oregon State University Reps will be at North for a visit Thursday, September 28 at 10:00 a.m. If you are interested, please sign up outside of room 110 right away! Upcoming college visits are posted on the video displays in the hallways, commons and Room 110.
- Are you a teen leader in school or the community? A teen who cares about causes or issues but doesn’t know where to get involved? Would you like to learn how to use your skills and talents in the real world? Are you a student that wants to check things out, have fun and get better at life? If these descriptions sound like you, please apply to attend the ILEAD Youth Leadership Summit – a free one day event, Saturday November 4th. If you want to change the world, come see Mrs. Such in room 128 for the application form. The deadline is October 20.