Clubs & Organizations
A variety of activities are available to North Salem High School students. Please encourage your student to become involved in our school experiences in and outside the class room. If you have questions or comments contact our Activity Director is Amanda Starkey.
Appealing to Colleges
- Colleges like to see students involved in extra-curricular activities. It means that they are well rounded and understand how to balance other things besides schoolwork.
- A survey conducted by the Minnesota State High School League in 2007 and reported by the NFHS found that the average GPA of a high school athlete was 2.84, while a student who was not involved in athletics had an average GPA of 2.68.
- Teenagers need stimulation and if they don’t play a sport or do some other extra-curricular activity, they will find that stimulation elsewhere. Sometimes this can end up hanging out with the wrong crowd or doing some other deviant behavior.
Social and Parental Bonding
Develop leadership skills
- Students involved in school programs find a sense of belonging and are more likely to expressing having a positive connection with school.
- Teens who play a sport or are involved in a club will most likely bond with their peers and this improves their social skills. Sports/Clubs can also maintain and improve parent-teen bonding, if the parents are involved and encourage their son or daughter.
After-school clubs build resumes for colleges, allow for socialization and is a safe way to get our students interested in other activities.
Advisor: Jon Abel
Wednesdays 2:30 in Room 136
International Thespian Society
Advisor: Alyssa Bond
Wednesdays (every other) 2:30 in the Auditorium
Advisor: Lori Festa
Tuesdays 3:30 in the Dance Room
Advisor: Susie Boehlke
Thursdays 2:30 in Room 123
Advisor: Cipriano Mañon
Thursdays during 1st & 2nd lunches in Balcony A
Advisor: Lauren Price
Meets regularly during activity period (email advisor to be added to club Canvas page for announcements)
Spanish Honor Society
Advisor: Leo Cecchini
Tuesdays 2:30 in Room 107
Advisor: Jeff Flood
Advisor: Danny Ortiz
Tuesdays 2:30 in Room 243